Friday, September 1, 2017

POTATO SALAD...

Yesterday:

7 AM cuppa

9 AM breakfast. 1 slice baguette, halved and toasted, with 1 scrambled egg. Coffee with milk, no sugar.

10:45 AM gym. 1/4 hour on elliptical walker, 1 hour with Shanna. A good workout, leaving me physically exhausted and ready for...

12 PM lunch. Small can of tuna, diced tomatoes, dollop of cottage cheese, topped with chopped spring onion.

Early afternoon, drove Ellie up to Kaiser/Barranca for a doctor's appointment. On return, at...

4 PM snack. 1/2 apple.

6:30 PM snack. This is my downfall. By early evening I'm really hungry. Ravenous, sometimes. I sliced up a carrot and devoured it with edame and eggplant hummus dips.

7 PM dinner. Ellie has to eat bland at the moment. For myself, I prepared a potato salad with 1 leftover spud, mayonnaise, chopped red onion, capers and red wine vinegar. Too good. Tomato and green bean salad with oil and vinegar dressing. And a generous slice of leftover meat loaf with ketchup and German Senf (mustard). All very good, but I ended up feeling I had eaten more than I should/could have.

No comments: