Saturday, September 2, 2017

ON THE SCALE

I stepped on the scale this morning and discovered, to my gratification, that I have shed 7 pounds since a week ago Thursday, on our return from Idaho. Hard work, but worth it. I'm still 10 pounds heavier than I would like to be, so there's plenty more work to be done.

Yesterday, Friday:

7 AM tea. Yorkshire Gold, with milk (and sweetener--the yellow stuff that is not good for me. Ellie brought home something from Whole Foods a little later. It's called Xyla. Supposed to be better than the yellow stuff).

8:30 AM breakfast. Porridge (oatmeal, that it) with a sprinkle of raisins and dried cranberries, and some coconut milk creamer (new, quite sweet, worth trying for coffee, maybe).

12-ish, lunch. I forget...

5-ish, snack. 1/2 apple

7 PM dinner. Plain chicken breast in chicken broth with onions, carrots and peas. Added about 1/2 leftover potato. With salt and pepper, very tasty. Glass of white wine.

No dessert, no ice cream.

No comments: