Friday, September 22, 2017

RELOCATION DAY

Thursday was the day to make our irregular commute between Los Angeles and our Laguna Beach cottage. The packing and preparation, the drive and the resettling take up most of the day.

7 AM tea

9 AM breakfast. I made us a bowl of porridge each, with raisins, dried cranberries, walnuts and, for me, brown sugar. Just a habit, but a choice made consciously. Milk. A cup of coffee.

1 PM a bite of lunch. Tiny portion of leftover chicken noodle soup--so that it wouldn't go to waste! (This a frequent motivation for me. The old childhood lesson--but this time relatively harmless.) A stick of cheddar cheese and 1/2 piece of toast.

2:30 PM Arriving in Laguna, a stop at Zinc. Ellie wisely chose a salad. I had already eaten "lunch", so I chose one of their delicious chocolate chip cookies--and ate (nearly!) the whole thing. Ellie had a nibble.

7 PM dinner. Leftover kugel, red cabbage, 4 small chunks of kielbasa. A glass of white wine.

No ice cream, no dessert! (I watched Ellie eat a small bowl of ice cream--and rested the temptation.)

No comments: