Tuesday, September 19, 2017

SLIPPING

Much too much food and drink last night. In my meditation sit this morning, I could feel my body heating up as it tried to cope with the excess calories. And wine... I have noticed myself slipping over the past few days, and need to return to more conscious habits and thoughtful choice.

Yesterday

7 AM tea

9 AM breakfast. Fruit and cereal with the usual toppings.

12 PM lunch. A mixed salad from Gelson's with blue cheese dressing.

6 PM snack. Leftover fruit from breakfast with a spoonful of yogurt.

Dinner at 7 PM at Little Pine, a vegan restaurant. Arrived very hungry with a wait ahead of us for Sarah and family. Ordered an antipasto plate with beet hummus, pickles, carrot sticks and focaccia bread. Very good. And a glass of wine. When Sarah, Tim and Luka arrived, we ordered a full bottle of chardonnay to share. I ordered a "scallopini"--with fake meat--which came with a huge portion of mashed potato. At the end, we ordered two desserts for the table. Too much!

No comments: