Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wednesday

Back to the routine for the early part of the day. Morning tea with milk and sweetener at 7AM. Two fried eggs with a toasted English muffin at 9AM. A BIG lunch, though. Ellie was expecting a rare visit from her cousin, and had prepared a nice meal: blended squash soup with a choice of cheeses followed by a tasty chicken salad with greens and dried cranberries and dessert, a half slice of lemon sponge cake and a half a chocolate. The whole accompanied by two glasses of wine and a cup of espresso. Not to mention good conversation.

We do not normally feast at midday in this way, but it was certainly a pleasure.

A make-up at dinner. I made myself a bowl of fruit and yogurt--with half a banana, a single sliced kumquat, a handful of grapes and half an apple. I could not, however, resist another glass of the good white wine we had enjoyed at lunch time. An early bed--but awoken at 1:30 by an urgent call from my sister in England...

Today, I'm due for my annual physical. Wish me luck...

No comments: