Friday, February 15, 2008

Thursday--Valentine's Day

We enjoyed our cup of tea in bed on Valentine's Day, but I short-changed myself on the morning walk.  No exercise.   That's unusual for me, but I had my appointment for that annual physical later in the morning, and there were things to be done in the blogosphere.  I took care of those, and had porridge on the way by the time Ellie returned.  For breakfast, then, a bowl of steaming porridge with walnuts, dried cranberries and raisins, a scoop of brown sugar, hot milk, and a drizzle of half-and-half.  (Still working on that small carton we bought a month ago!  Remarkable.)

An early, light lunch in anticipation of dinner out to celebrate this Hallmark Card festival.  I made myself a small lox and cream cheese sandwich with half an apple.  No snacks, no tea in the afternoon.  Okay, well, one TINY chocolate chip cookie.  And I do mean tiny--an inch in diameter, no more.

Dinner at our favorite local Italian restaurant on Sunset Boulevard, Aroma.  We shared a bowl of linguini with clams for starters, and then a very nice dish of chicken breast rolled up around spinach with a pine nut sauce--also shared.  Excellent meal, once again.  We often find that a second and third visit prove disappointing, after a first good meal.  Not so with Aroma, which has proved consistently delightful.

We stopped on the way home to buy some fresh, home-made gelato, and enjoyed a small bowl each when we got home.  A quiet Valentine's Day evening at home.

No comments: