Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ah, Monday...

Up early, meditation at 5:30, blog entry from 6:00-6:45. George's morning pee walk. Tea, with milk and sweetener. My usual small bowl of fruit and cereal, to get me started for the day and ready for gym. More bloggery, and the Monday morning prep for our return to Los Angeles. At 9:30, my half hour on the elliptical walker and, beginning at 10:00, my hour's workout with Knute. Unsparing today, after a missed session last week. I was surprised to find myself strong and fit.

Knute recommends protein after workout, so I made myself a small ham and cream cheese sandwich before George's training session. (He's had some behavior problems, mostly around the tennis balls to which he has become addicted, so we're giving him some training reinforcement at the ripe old age of six! No doubt he's smart. He learns fast. And we realize, of course, that they're not his problems, they're ours!)

A long drive home today. I'd hoped for an easy one, on a public holiday, but a couple of accidents on the freeway made progress unbearably slow--necessitating much practice of equanimity (see Accidental Dharma: The Gift Wrapped in Shit.) Once home, a mini-lunch, open-face salami sandwich, three quarters of an apple (Ellie ate the other quarter,) before spending the rest of the short afternoon at the computer, catching up with blog-related stuff.

For dinner, we tossed up a great green salad with leftover chicken and streak (from Saturday) and enjoyed it with cheese and crackers and a glass of wine. For dessert, a generous scoop of gelato!

No comments: