Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunday

I missed yesterday, for no better reason that I chose to take a day off. Sunday, as I usually do, I started out with a cup of tea and a small bowl of cereal, to keep the stomach quiet during our Sunday morning meditation session with our sitting group. After sangha, Ellie wanted to do "a little gardening" before breakfast--which kept us working until 1PM. Sunday breakfast... well, brunch, I cooked up my scrambled eggs (five, between the two of us and George, the dog, since there happened to be that odd number left in the carton) and we enjoyed them with buttered brown toast, a spot of fig jam and marmalade, coffee, and half a grapefruit. At tea time, a cup of tea and a couple of small cookies--well, maybe three. And for dinner, the last of the squash soup with a half a Trader Joe's ready-made fig pizza and a glass of red wine.

As a general observation, I have lost little or no weight since the positive report a couple of weeks ago. The trip to England may have something to do with that, but clearly I need to be watching a little more closely and making still more conscious choices. Saturday night, I dreamed I was on a cheese- and chocolate-tasting tour of Australia. I think desserts were involved in some way, too. All my weaknesses. Hmmmm....

No comments: