Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tuesday

Surprisingly, perhaps, no sign of jet lag. I woke comfortably at the usual LA time, around six o'clock, took George out for his morning pee and made tea for Ellie and myself in bed while we watched the news headlines. For breakfast, cold cereal--a small bowl of Fru Grains, a favorite since childhood, unavailable so far as I know in this country: my sister had found me a small package to bring home--with half a banana, a sliced kumquat and a dash of milk; followed by a small piece of toast with butter and marmalade and a cup of coffee.

Late morning, an appointment with my "network" chiropractor, Dr. Steve, whose magic I have come to trust, and who found me in good shape despite the long weekend's journey to England and back.

For lunch, a lox and cream cheese sandwich (small) and an apple (Cox's orange pippin, from England.) And for early dinner, a bowl of Ellie's latest vegetable soup with a piece of toasted cornbread, preceded by a small glass of sherry. No wine.

No comments: