Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Monday

The cup of tea, with milk and sweetener. The small bowl of cereal, with half a banana, a handful of O's, a dollop of yogurt, a few raisins... A creature of habit, as they say,

An hour and a half at the gym, as usual on Monday: a half hour on the elliptical walker, and hour with Knute. Hard work. Then a piece of Swedish krackerbrot with a spread of cream cheese and a slice of ham. Protein, they say, after working out.

After the drive back to Los Angeles--mercifully easy on the freeeways today--I sustained myself with a few leftover vegetarian potstickers and half an apple.

For dinner, Ellie made an excellent tortilla soup, more like a stew, with chicken. I had a good bowlful, with a teaspoon of creme fraiche and a topping of chopped spring onions and avocado, a dash of salsa. And a piece of freshly made corn bread on the side. First rate, with a a glass of white wine. (Oh, er, um... I nearly forget: I enjoyed a half glass of sherry and a few nuts while I helped in the kitchen with the chopping and dicing.)

No comments: