Tuesday, August 8, 2017

PROGRESS

This morning, on the scale: 195 pounds. Which compares favorably with yesterday's 196.5 and Sunday's 197.5. Some progress, then...

Yesterday I took aboard:

7 AM my usual large mug of English tea, milk and 2 (not 3!) spoons of sugar
9 AM a small bowl of fruit and cereal--about 1/2 - 2/3 my regular--with milk
1 PM 1 slice of bread, 1 slice of ham with mayonnaise and mustard; 1/2 apple
4 PM took a large chocolate from the freebie bowl at the mattress store
7 PM shared half a small hanger steak with yellow beans, 1/2 ear of corn.
And a glass of white wine. Figured we need to kill the already open bottle!

No dessert! No ice cream!

Despite the weight loss, I don't feel a great difference yet--perhaps because I had never been heavier than Sunday, when I first dared step on the bathroom scale.

Spent the day, in the morning, organizing a trip north, to Idaho, for the solar eclipse. Everything I read says totality is a must. Very excited about this. Having discovered all other means of transportation to be problematic, we decided to take the 15-hour drive, with an overnight stop a little more than halfway. In the afternoon, Ellie and I went out on a search for a replacement for the mattress in our bedroom, which has seen better days.

Forgot my water for the better part of the day. Grabbed a small bottle at the mattress store. Need to be more attentive on this front.

No comments: