Wednesday, August 16, 2017

NOT EASY

I remember a time, not long ago, when losing weight was pretty easy. I'd give up my glass of wine at dinner for a week and I'd shed 5 pounds, no problem. It's not happening any more. I've been watching my intake for ten days now--without cheating too much!--and I've managed to shed a mere 3 pounds. Ah, well, not to be discouraged, onward! (It is going to be a lot harder in the coming week, while we're on the road to and from Ketchum, Idaho, to witness the total eclipse.) I did, by the way, start that little record book I was writing about yesterday.

So... yesterday:

7:30 AM, tea
9:00 AM, breakfast. A slice of Ellie's homemade banana bread
10:30 AM, 1/2 cranberry scone at Starbucks, with a cup of coffee
1:00 PM 1/2 apple, wedge of cheddar cheese
4:00 PM small slice of toast with peanut butter and blueberry jam
7:00 PM, dinner. Homemade chicken soup--chicken pieces in chicken broth with sliced carrots and spring onions. Salt and pepper. Very tasty. A few chips.

No dessert! No ice cream!

This morning, I'm due for a session at the gym; then we'll be on the road for a full week or more.

No comments: