Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Monday

Ah, yes, the morning cuppa.  7AM.  And a small bowl of cereal at around 7:30 in anticipation of my date at the gym at 9:30.   (My son told me once to be sure to have some food a couple of hours before working out.)  A handful of those oat round things, with a half a banana, a few grapes, my favorite dried cranberries and a dollop of yoghurt, with milk.  Very good.

An hour and a half at the gym--a half hour on the elliptical walker and an hour's workout with my mentor, Knute.  He suggests some protean after working out, so I toasted a third of a bagel, left over from Sunday brunch, spread it with cream cheese, and topped it with two slices of lox and a squeeze of lemon.  Then we stopped for a cup of coffee (regular, medium size) to drink on the way back to Los Angeles.  Milk and sweetener.

A late lunch before the afternoon's work.  I chose a half pita with mayonnaise spread and a slice each of ham and cheese.  And an apple.

Ellie made another vegetable soup for dinner--this time with white beans.  Delectable.  One bowl, plus a half matzoh with a little Boursin goat's cheese and a single glass of white wine.  Very satisfying.  

No dessert.  Just the Democratic debate.  Well, the Democratic bicker.

1 comment:

HappySurfer said...

Wow! This looks like a really healthy diet. Over here, we eat way too much carbo - rice, noodles and stuff.